Admissions Criteria For Abundant Life Christian School, An Award-Winning Christian School
Abundant Life Christian School (ALCS) admits students of any race, color, nationality, and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally afforded or made available to the students at the school. It does not discriminate against members, applicants, or students on the basis of race, color, nationality, or ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, admissions, and other school administered programs.
ALCS has basic requirements that must be met before a student can be considered for admission. These general entrance requirements are summarized for you below. ALCS recognizes that it cannot meet the educational needs of all children. It offers a high quality of Christian training but is not a correctional institute for problems arising beyond those usually encountered in average school children. We recognize that delinquent and emotionally unstable children require a special learning environment and the school is not staffed or equipped to meet their needs.
A. General Entrance Requirements For ALCS, An Award-Winning Christian School
1. We require that all parents/guardians and students regularly attend an evangelical, Bible-believing church and furnish a pastoral reference letter. In cases of divorce at least one parent must meet the requirement. Probationary exceptions can be made for families who are not currently attending but agree to regularly attend either of the sponsoring churches and complete a six week introductory Bible study course. Exceptions may be made upon board approval and will be re-evaluated at the end of the probationary period.
2. Students who regularly use tobacco, alcohol, or illegal drugs will not be admitted.
3. The child and parent must want to be a part of the daily training program of ALCS. No high school student is accepted if she/he does not want to be in the school.
4. After reading the Student Handbook and all registration forms, the parents/guardian and the child must agree with the school’s basic philosophy and must commit to abide by and support the rules and requirements.
5. School records must reflect good academics and good behavior.
For a student to remain at ALCS, s/he is expected to follow consistently the guidelines listed above. ALCS reserves the right to dismiss any student at their discretion if problems arise as a result of the student and/or parent/guardian, which in the opinion of the school administration would prevent the smooth, normal operation of the school.
B. Student Selection Priorities For ALCS, An Award-Winning Christian School
Given that a student and/or new applicant meets the admissions criteria established above, the following priorities have been set for selection of the student body:
1. Children of VAIC and LWCO members will be given priority over other applicants.
2. Returning students will be given priority over new applicants; however, returning students are not guaranteed re-enrollment.
C. Specific Admission Requirements For ALCS, An Award-Winning Christian School
1. Learning‑to‑Read students must be six years old by September 1 and must pass the Reading Readiness Test to be accepted into the first grade. Pre- K students must be 4 years old by Sept 1 or may be admitted any time during the academic year when they turn 4 years old.
2. The registration fee must be paid before enrollment and placement is guaranteed.
3. An interview with student and parents is required for enrollment to be complete.
4. Students are not considered admitted until all enrollment forms, immunization records, liability release forms, and/or other forms as requested, are completed and are on file in the school office and an official admissions acceptance letter has been received by the student.
D. Admission Procedure For ALCS, An Award-Winning Christian School
Applications for Registration will be reviewed by the School Board, once a non-refundable application fee is paid. The School Board will interview families of new students to determine which students are admitted to the school. Any student who has been dis-enrolled for any period of time and desires to return to ALCS is considered a new student rather than a returning student.
E. Re-Enrollment For ALCS, An Award-Winning Christian School
The re-enrollment fee is greatly reduced for those who re-enroll early. After the designated cut off date, full registration fee is charged. After July 31 a late fee is charged. No student is guaranteed admission when they apply to re-enroll. Applications for re-enrollment will be approved at the sole discretion of the school.
F. Placement For ALCS, An Award-Winning Christian School
Student’s transferring in will be tested to determine the level at which they will begin their studies at ALCS. A separate testing fee is required for the testing procedures. If the student performs at a lower level than expected on the test, supervisors may skip over PACES when the student shows a mastery of the material, in order to catch up with their expected level of learning. Summer school and tutoring may be available depending on student needs and availability of instructors.