About Abundant Life Christian School, An Albuquerque Private School
Abundant Life Christian School (ALCS) has been serving the Southwest Valley area of Albuquerque since 1989. Our students come from all parts of the city in order to receive the most complete Christian education at rates families can afford.
The teacher/student ration is 1:8, ensuring a highly individualized learning situation. We exist to provide a stable Christian environment for students whose parents are serious about their walk with The Lord.
Our curriculum from the 1st to the 12th grade is completely individualized. We use a nationally tested and proven curriculum from School of Tomorrow ministries. The instructional program includes not only basic subjects necessary to prepare the student for high school graduation, but also the spiritual, social, and physical training needed to prepare the student to be a responsible, mature Christian citizen who will honor God and others, work diligently, and desire to serve God in some capacity. Students learn to set goals, work independently and build their study skills. Students must master each unit, before advancing. Stanford Achievement Tests are given every 2 years. Students graduating from ALCS generally score higher than average on the national American College Testing Exam (ACT) and 90% of our graduates go on to higher education.
As A Christian School We Hold The Following Beliefs
- We believe that the Bible is the only inspired, infallible, and authoritative written Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit./li>
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death for sin through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal future return to earth in power and glory.
- We believe man fell into sin, bringing depravity and death on humans, and that, as a sinner, man is self-centered, self-willed, rebellious, and unwilling and unable to quit sinning on his/her own.
- We believe that regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential for the salvation of the lost and sinful man.
- We believe in the creation of man by the direct act of God as recorded in the Book of Genesis.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a Godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost: those that are saved unto everlasting life and those that are lost unto everlasting condemnation.
- We believe that the Bible prohibits Christians from bringing lawsuits against one another to settle disputes (I Corinthians 6:1-8, Ephesians 4:31-32). We believe that any dispute should be settled through arbitration within the Christian community.
- We believe that Christians are not to be conformed to the world, but are to be transformed into conforming to be like Christ in every area of life.
- We believe that Satan is a real being, totally evil in intent, and an adversary of man. He is a liar and deceiver and opposes God’s plan to restore man to Himself.
- We believe that God instituted marriage; that marriage is ordained to be between one man and one woman; and that marriage is to be monogamous, for life, and for the purpose of forming the foundational unit of the family. We believe that God condemns homosexuality.
- We believe that God is the Creator and Author of life, that life begins at conception, and that God alone has the right to end human life.